I would also like to let you know that Not-for-profit Law has ramped up our assistance to community organisations impacted by COVID-19.
Over the last week, the Not-for-profit Law team have:
- created a COVID-19 NFP sector briefing and FAQs resource to help organisations with urgent legal issues and decisions, and we’ll be adding more resources over the coming days and weeks.
- received numerous COVID-19 related enquiries from community organisations via our online enquiry form and provided legal help in response to these requests.
- created a specialist COVID-19 pro bono response on our online portal to ensure our 50+ member law firms are able to focus on these priority requests to help community organisations in NSW.
We plan to continue helping NSW community organisations affected by COVID-19:
- tomorrow (26 March) we’re delivering a free webinar on COVID-19 employment (including volunteers) issues – we’ve had an overwhelming response and there are still spaces left, so sign up if you are interested!
- we’re planning another webinar on AGMs (in response to a spike in enquiries about postponing or convening AGMs remotely) on 7 April (TBC) – details will be published here in coming days.
- we will continue to assist community organisations making legal enquiries via our online enquiry form.
- we will continue to update NSW community organisations about the work that we are doing in this space via our free updates. The overall Justice Connect response can be found here.
If you or your member organisations need legal assistance with COVID-19 related issues, please reach out to me directly, make an enquiry via our online enquiry form or check out our free webinars and resources on COVID-19.
We would be grateful if you could share this email or the above links with your member organisations or networks.
In short, we are here to help your organisation and the community sector as it stands up to support NSW in this time of crisis.