Dear valued community members,
At this stage we are planning for the 2020 NAIDOC awards night to go ahead at a future date, however in light of the current COVID-19 situation we are constantly reviewing this and will keep you up to date.
The past weeks have seen some significant and difficult times for our community. We feel, by going ahead with planning the NAIDOC 2020 awards will give us the opportunity to focus on something to celebrate and to recognise the commitment and care of Aboriginal people and their supporters.
Nominations for the NAIDOC awards night are now open! If you would like to recognise the outstanding achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers and organisations in our community please nominate online now via Council’s website.
If you are unable to access the nomination form online please contact the Civic Events team on (02) 4645 4720 and they will complete the form on your behalf.
The award categories are;
- Outstanding Service to the Community ( Aboriginal Volunteer)
- Outstanding Service to the Community (Aboriginal Worker)
- Outstanding Service to the Community (Aboriginal Group)
- Outstanding Service to the Community (Aboriginal Organisation or Aboriginal Team within a non-Aboriginal Organisation)
- Outstanding Personal Commitment to Reconciliation (Aboriginal or non-Aboriginal)
- Outstanding Commitment to Reconciliation (Aboriginal or non-Aboriginal Organisation)
- Outstanding Service to the Community (Aboriginal Elder)
Please note you may only submit one nomination in each category. Additional nominations will not be accepted.
If you would like any further information please click here to visit council’s website or alternatively contact the Civic Events team on (02) 4645 4720.
Please pass onto our community members.