Guidelines for Applicants
Criteria for Grant
The project benefits people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
The project has clearly defined goals consistent with the Purpose and Strategic Priorities of the Deafness Foundation http://www.deafness.org.au/about-us/purpose-2/
– The project is innovative.
– The project is achievable in a clearly specified time, usually 1 year and not more than two years.
– The project has clearly defined assessment criteria for monitoring and reporting.
– The organisation applying for the grant has an ABN.
– The organisation applying for the grant has a proven ability to manage funds.
– The application includes comprehensive and accurate estimates of costs supported by quotes.
– The application includes the endorsement and signature of the senior person of the organisation.
– The application includes two independent referees who can attest to the value of the project
In respect of all eligible applications the referees may be approached by the Deafness Foundation.
The application is received by the closing date.
Funding is not available for:
– Recurrent funding of an established program.
– Requests for repairs and maintenance of buildings, plant and equipment.
– Requests for purchase of equipment not related specifically to hearing needs.
– Salaries of permanent or casual members of the organisation’s staff and use of amenities unless – – such expenses are incurred specifically for an approved project and included in its overall budget.
– Scholarships, attendance at conferences, travel, accommodation, or meals.
– Sports, sports teams, or sporting equipment.
– Office supplies or publication of books
– Individuals making an application
Requests for Sponsorship (contact email@example.com to discuss sponsorship)
Applications open on 1 July and close on 31 October.
Prospective applicant should complete the Grants Application Form
The completed Grants Application Form and supporting evidence should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Deafness Foundation will acknowledge receipt of applications via email within 5 business days.
The Deafness Foundation will assess applications against the grant criteria.
Decisions of the Deafness Foundation Board of Management, based on recommendations of the Grants Committee, will be final.
The Deafness Foundation will advise the outcomes of applications via email by 20th December 2019.
The following conditions apply to all grants:
The Deafness Foundation and the grant recipients agree the project commencement and completion date and due date for final report prior to the grant payment.
Any variations from the original project specifications must be approved by the Deafness Foundation prior to project commencement; The Deafness Foundation will not approve increases to grants.
Progress reports are due by 31 August and 28th February each year until the project is complete
Grant recipients should submit progress and final reports to email@example.com using the approved template
The final report should include print quality jpeg picture files, video files on a USB if required,
Grant recipients must ensure that the support of the Deafness Foundation is acknowledged in any publication (written, audio and video) about the project.
All progress and final reports must include copies of relevant publications including any media, academic publications, conference presentations and speeches.
All progress and final reports must include a Detailed Statement of Expenditure.
Grant recipients must refund any unspent portion of the grant to the Deafness Foundation at the completion of the project.
Grant recipients will provide written permission for Deafness Foundation to utilise photograph/s and story for public relations including Annual Report, website, social media and press releases.
Grant recipients who do not meet the above grant conditions will not be eligible for future grants.
The Deafness Foundation Annual Report includes examples of previous projects. For further information, please contact:
B: 03 9738 2909