1 year contract position – 7 hours per week
We are looking for a new team member to join our community-focused small team at Sector Connect’s Mount Annan office. We are looking for a motivated and reliable person to support the Macarthur Homelessness Steering Committee. The suitable applicant will be proficient in office duties. Lived experience and a thorough working knowledge of the service sector across the Macarthur region is desirable.
The Macarthur Homelessness Steering Committee (MHSC) is a strategic network of key stakeholders who bring expertise from their respective areas, working in collaboration to increase awareness and support practical solutions to address homelessness across the Macarthur region.
The committee aims to raise awareness of homelessness issues across the region, cover the gaps in the current service structure, and advocate on behalf of the local community to initiate change.
The committee does this by:
- hosting an annual fundraising event;
- covering costs outside the usual bounds of program delivery to help the homeless and those at risk of homelessness – can include personal items, home goods, health costs, brokerage for rent, rehab costs/getting to, removalists, towing etc.;
- providing feedback on strategic documents like the Campbelltown City Council Housing Strategy;
- employing a person to coordinate food security, housing programs and brokerage and secretarial support to the committee;
- hosting an annual Homelessness Hub;
- hosting forums on key issues influencing housing.
The MHSC Admin Assistant will work with the committee supporting this work. Click here to access the job spec outlining the specific tasks relating to this role.
To apply, please tell us, in a cover letter, how you meet the essential selection criteria below. You will also need to provide your resume and two references that can be contacted after interview. Send applications and all enquiries to Jeanne Duffy at Jeanne.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 9.00am 21st of June.
|Essential Criteria: Demonstrated experience in general office procedures Competency in Microsoft software packages including Outlook, Access, Publisher, Word, Excel and the Internet Excellent written and verbal communication skills Able to be flexible and to use your own initiative Able to work independently and as part of a diverse team Understand and comply with Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) legislation Familiar with financial processes and accountability Strong organisational skills Working with Children CheckPolice Check||Desirable Criteria Knowledge of the community services sector Lived Experience Current Driving Licence|
|Expectation: To display an informed affinity with the ideas, aspirations and ethics of Sector Connect and to identify with its purpose To attend regular supervision|