South West Sydney Leadership Network
(previously known as the Managers Network)
MEETING INFORMATION 2022
Bimonthly Thursday 9.30am – 12noon
Sector Connect, 351 Welling Drive, Mount Annan
Hybrid meetings will be offered during restrictions
17th of March
19th of May
21st of July
15th of September
17th of November
The community services industry is currently experiencing significant change and reform. At these times of uncertainty, senior decision-makers across the community sector need to come together to influence this change collaboratively.
Sector Connect has been facilitating a bimonthly Managers Network since 2005 in Macarthur and Wingecarribee region, but this structure in the current climate cannot adequately enable strategic action to occur. Therefore during 2016, the Managers Network changed to a bi-monthly Leadership Network extending to the South Western Health District to align with funding body districts, with breakout working party groups as required. The aim is to more effectively work with senior managers across the region to effect change. Key stakeholders from local, federal and state Government departments and NSW peak organisations also participate.
The purpose of this network is:
- Professional development
- To develop skills and engage in collaboration and regional planning
- To engage in a coordinated approach to regional information exchange, policy, program and service delivery issues affecting the region
- To improve and sustain the community services industry across South Western Sydney region
- To engage services in funding reforms, new trends, development and innovation within the sector
- To support the community services industry to improve outcomes for residents of South Western Sydney
- To facilitate partnerships
This purpose will be achieved by:
- Holding standalone bimonthly meetings focused on particular topics
- Workshops, forums, guest speakers and other professional development opportunities
- Needs assessments, consultations and key discussions on regional issues to inform planning and advocacy
- Involvement in campaigns, resource development and forums as identified by the network
Membership is open to workers from across the South Western Sydney Region who have managerial or strategic responsibilities in their work. Senior managers may also delegate a member of their management team to attend.
Other meeting information:
Sector Connect is funded under Targeted Early Intervention by the Department of Communities and Justice to convene this network as a vehicle to encourage collaboration, networking, provide information and knowledge, and facilitate cross-sector partnerships.
For further information please contact:
Tania Muchitsch, Executive Director, Sector Connect
email@example.com or call 4648 5933