TEI Inform – Community Wellbeing Survey Pilot
A message from Anthony Shannon
TEI Community Wellbeing Survey Pilot – Phase 2 is NOW OPEN
As you may recall from an earlier TEI Inform (23/7/21), LCSA and DCJ have been working in partnership on the TEI Community Strengthening Data Project with the valued advice from a sector-led Reference Group. This project was developed in response to sector feedback about the need to:
- Better collect, analyse and report the stories behind the data reported in DEX
- More consistently measure community wellbeing as a longer-term outcome.
The pilot aims to address the above needs with an OPTIONAL survey for TEI Community Strengthening clients. The questions in the survey cover four topics: sense of belonging, community participation, trust in the community and access to services and resources.
This survey will help us:
- Better understand how our services contribute to community wellbeing
- Tell the story behind the data reported in DEX
- Collect consistent information about community wellbeing.
For the purpose of this pilot Community Wellbeing is defined as “The collective sense of belonging, participation, trust and access to resources / services, which is achieved through:
- Increasing protective factors such as local capacity, social support and resources.
- Decreasing risk factors, such as miscommunication, disengagement, isolation / loneliness and trauma.”
Overview of Phase 1 pilot
Overall 30 organisations participated in Pilot Phase 1, with good representation across metropolitan and regional locations.
We received 285 responses from Community Strengthening clients, which is an encouraging start and we hope that with your participation we will exceed that number by the end of Phase 2.
Phase 2 pilot – NOW OPEN
The second phase of the Community Wellbeing Survey Pilot is open to all TEI services delivering Community Strengthening Program Activities 1,2 or 3. Services that were not part of Phase 1 may still participate in Phase 2.
Benefits of joining the pilot:
- Obtaining qualitative ‘community wellbeing’ data to complement your DEX data.
- Building your evidence on what’s working locally and identifying new issues / needs.
- Being part of and contributing to creating a new data set for TEI Community Strengthening activities.
To participate in Phase 2 of the pilot please read the Guide for TEI Community Wellbeing Survey Pilot (updated for Phase 2) and fill out the Registration Form by COB Fri 1 October 2021.
All TEI services delivering Community Strengthening Program Activities 1,2 or 3 are also invited to attend a webinar at 2-3pm on Monday 11 October 2021 to learn about findings from Phase 1 and discuss any issues for Phase 2. To join the webinar please use these Zoom Meeting details:
- Meeting ID: 894 6403 5962
- Passcode: 856933
What will happen with the survey data?
- The findings will be reviewed by LCSA.
- A report will be prepared at the end of the pilot for the sector to comment on.
Please contact Can Yasmut, LCSA Executive Officer on (02) 9660 2044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Director, Early Intervention, Volunteering and Youth