Our Sector Development program is funded by the Department of Communities and Justice under the community strengthening stream of the Governments’ targeted early intervention (TEI) program.
The Targeted Earlier Intervention (TEI) program delivers flexible support to children, young people, families and communities experiencing or at risk of vulnerability. It combines five separately funded DCJ programs into one outcomes-focused program. This includes:
- Aboriginal Child Youth and Family Strategy
- Child Youth and Family Support
- Community Builders
- Families NSW
- Getting It Together
Services are delivered under two broad streams:
- Community strengthening – activities that build cohesion, inclusion and wellbeing across all communities, and empower Aboriginal communities
- Wellbeing and safety – activities that support families and individuals, and provide opportunities for personal development
Our sector development program aims to support services and the broader sector to contribute to TEI outcomes.
Our strategies are (but not limited to):
- – interagencies, networks, forums
- – information dissemination and newsletters
- – providing opportunities for training and, skill and knowledge development
- – needs assessments and identification of gaps
- – partnerships and collaboration
- – advocacy and support
- – individual assistance to service providers
- – regional representation on behalf of the South West Sydney district
To stay informed, we recommended you subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Click here for updates from Family and Community Services
Targeted Early Intervention Reform